1. Remove the clutter – Get rid of the odds and ends that are holding the room back from its full potential!
2. Encourage easy traffic flow – Rearrange the sofas, tables and chairs in a way that encourages guests to glide seamlessly throughout the space.
3. Provide ample seating – You’re going to have guests over who may want access to seating most of the night, so provide enough to accommodate all of your guests.
4. Re-evaluate the design scheme – If you want to achieve a look that matches the intimacy and cheer that comes with the holidays, try a darker color palette. Romantic red and neutral accents make a gorgeous option that matches the holiday vibe.
5. Don’t forget the final touches – Candles or fresh flowers can be the icing on the cake to your new and improved space. Consider scents inspired by the holiday season!
Preparing for the holidays can be stressful enough. If getting your family room – or the rest of your home – ready for the big get-together is worrisome, reach out for a complimentary consultation to evaluate your space and decide how to transform your space.
We’re ready to help!
P.S. Check out our boards below for autumn inspiration for your home!